Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 30 March 2011

The view from my desk

 I have shown you the outside of KC INKS LTD http://www.kc-inks.co.uk/ I am not quite ready to show you the inside (need to tidy my desk!) but here is the views from my windows - yes I have two!  The picture above is looking down into Blackhall Yard, the tree is very beautiful in the summer, lots of people like to sit and enjoy the sunshine, not in March though!  I think I need to clean my desk AND the windows!
 It is bliss having such a nice view, our old office had no windows at all and it was like a goldfish bowl!  Now we are completely spoilt we have windows and skylights - its a wonder we ever get any work done!  This picture is the back of Black Hall, it is a very old building (one of the oldest in Kendal) and has two round chimneys, and I can see them from my desk!
This is the front of Black Hall, Kendal's first alderman lived here in 1575.  The building was renovated in 1875 and became a brush factory and has the sign of the Bristly Hog.  You can see him above the blue arrow sign in the picture. The next time it is a nice day I will go and get a close up of the hog, he is special!  I will get a better picture of the building as well you can't really make out the entrance to the yard in this picture, it goes under the two windows on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment