Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Meet some of the chooks

 This is our very smart cockeral, he really is beautiful.  Most of our hens are Old English Game bantams, the little black one in the picture is a bit too clever for her own good.  When I go to feed the birds (not the hens, the wild birds on the bird table) she flys up and tries to sit on my shoulder or my head to help me!  I don't appreciate it!
I took these pictures in the evening (the same time as I took the lamb pictures - I will put them up soon) and the light on his neck and tail feathers was really lovely.  His spurs are HUGE, I never really notice until I looked at these pictures.
He got bored of posing for me and went to sleep!  I suppose that shows how tame and friendly our hens are, I always see normal size hens and think they are huge compared to our little banties!  They are only about a foot high!  We used to have cochins and they were about three times the size!  Our hens roam all around the field outside our house and as soon as they see you they all come running, they like to be with you whatever you are doing outside, these pictures were taken outside the new extension we are building, they like inspecting the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment