Powered By Blogger

Friday 29 October 2010

A very special day

Can you tell I'm a happy girl?  On Saturday I went to London for Kandee Johnson's Glaminar!  I had the most fantastic day and learnt so much.  John and I had to go to a meeting in Portsmouth on Friday so we stayed over at Tony and Dee's near Reading, we hadn't seen them for ages and it was lovely to have the time to catch up and see Lauren briefly on Sunday morning as well.  Tony very kindly got out of bed before the crack of dawn to drive me to the train station and give me much needed pointers for coping with travelling in London (I am such a country bumpkin, I need all the help I can get!) 

So the day itself.  I was the second girl to arrive, we were in a very post hotel, Le Meridien Piccadilly.  I met Kandee's Mum Shannon who was so thrilled to see us!  I was rather worried before I got there that it might all be a bit over the top, but it wasn't at all.  Kandee really is one of the nicest people I have ever met.  In the morning it was all about running a business and how to go about it.  Some of this didn't really apply to me (because I already run a business) but I can wholeheartedly endorse everything she said - she spoke a lot of sense.  For the predominantly younger (early 20s) audience the information and insight she gave would be absolutely priceless and it would have been helpful to me when I was that age just setting out!  Even though that bit didn't really apply to me I still found it very useful - you can't have to much help when it comes to running your own company!
The afternoon was all about beauty secrets and no I am not going to give them away!  All I will say is that I have had a lot of comments on how much better I look since then.......
Meeting Kandee at the end really was the icing on the cake (I forgot the mention the cupcakes - and they were scrumptious) she was so wonderful.  As you can see from the photo there was no "I'll just stand next to you and smile" and a polite little hug - oh no a proper big squeezy hug (like from your best friend you haven't seen for a while) and she pressed her face to the side of my face.  Now that might sound odd written down but it wasn't, she felt like a true friend.  I am truly grateful to have had to opportunity to have learnt from someone who is in the heart of the industry (LA) and is also such a lovely person.  All I can say is I will be striving to be the pink tree (no I haven't lost the plot!)  I will treasure this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment