Powered By Blogger

Friday 29 October 2010

Gaydon Motor Heritage Museum

On the way back from London John and I decided to stop off at Gaydon to look at cars!  I think John had the bug, he went round Beaulieu Motor Museum with Tony the day before!
 This was a stunt car from James Bond's Die Another Day a beautiful Aston Martin and they did horrible things to it!  All scuffed and bullet holes in the windscreen.
 This is a lovely little Austin, I can't remember the model and I didn't want to look like a complete nerd writing everything down in a little book!  Such a pretty car would suit me down to the ground.  This is my second most favourite car in the museum, I would drive this darling little car any time!
 This is a Leyland, I love the big headlights and just the whole feel of the first half of the century you get from it.  You could imagine a girl dressed as a flapper driving this, or a gentleman farmer in his tweeds!  Ok I would happily drive this car too!
 A tracked Landrover!  I think I would feel like I could conquer the world driving this!  No bog would stop me - someone will have to help me get in holding a step ladder though.
 A Pink Panther.  Need I say more an amazing colour - it appeals to my sense of humour that lots of really tough soldiers driving around in pink cars!  Obviously I am being silly and know that they are doing the worst job imaginable just now - I wholeheartly support our armed forces and I think it is disgusting that the government don't do more to support them.  The fact the ordinary people have had to set up charities like Help For Heroes to support the troops is terrible - they do a vital job and then get dropped like a stone when the soldier really needs the support.  Ok rant over!
 Range Rover.  This is the Range Rover that took part in the British Trans American Expidition from Alaska to Cape Horn 1971-92.  There is not a straight panel in sight, this is a real warrior.  I have such a soft spot for old Range Rovers, I would happily have another, I still feel bad about killing the brown one we had.  I don't think John has forgiven me either!
 An Alvis.  It is a Cyclops - see the middle headlight?  Ok I admit I took the picture just because of that headlight!
 Another Alvis, the car I would choose to drive out of the whole museum.  It is the perfect colour(!) and style for me, I would feel like royalty in this!
I know this picture isn't very clear but look at that interior, beautiful wood and chrome and that steering wheel!  Even the colour of the seat is perfect!  Yes I would be very happy in this car!

No comments:

Post a Comment