Powered By Blogger

Thursday 28 October 2010

Tuesday Afternoon.

After we came down from the heights of the morning we drove over this little bridge, where John suddenly decided it would make a lovely picture with Ginger on the bridge.  Ginger on the other hand said that she had driven far enough and certainly wasn't going to go BACKWARDS for us - no way!  

So we carried on our way and saw this amazing sight - just look at that house on the very top!  Look in between the two flagpoles on the left, it is such a long way up!
 Further along we came over this bridge and I got out so John could drive back over and I could take a picture, cue me feeling very alone in a foreign country as John sped off and I realised I didn't even have my phone in my pocket....
 Unfortunately the barriers were slightly too high (probably the only place in France where they are the right height!) so you can see the car but not very well.
 I took a couple so I at least had evidence that I had tried!
 Finally proof that I drove!  I have to say I really enjoy driving this car, very comfortable with lots of room.  Having old injuries to my shoulder and lower back (thats horses for you!) I can struggle with seating position, not immediately but after a couple of hours and I just don't get that in this car.  Just as well!
 And this is where I drove!  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed driving through this gorge, theres a bit of a drop on the right hand side and it was ok, getting over the fears...
 I even kept up with the locals, there were some traffic lights so I was in a line of cars and I didn't hold everyone up driving like a tourist at 2mph!
 I know this picture doesn't show a lot but I am very proud of this - I drove over this bridge with a) my eyes open b) without panicking and c) with a smile on my face, well nearly!  This is such a huge step forward!
The next post is the exciting one - The Col Du Turini!

No comments:

Post a Comment