Powered By Blogger

Friday 27 August 2010

This week I have mainly been....

Making pictures!
I have made a lot of pictures this week!  Ben has helped me out when he has felt well enough, I thought I would do a little step by step of the process.
This is getting the right size frame for the canvas.  If it is too big you will see the white unprinted canvas on the sides and that looks really unprofessional.  I did a couple like that when I started and boy do they look bad! 
Ok so I now have the picture all lined up so it is straight in the frame with one staple on each side.  It is so worth taking an extra five minutes to make sure that everything is straight, it saves time in the long run!
Forgot to show you some of my tools.  I love my electric stapler and my orange hammer for making frames!
Here is the picture all stapled and ready to trim the excess canvas off.  To start with I wasn't sure how much to take off, but now I'm more confident it is much easier.  Oh and I can staple in a straight line as well now!
So now I am ready to do the corners with all the excess canvas gone.  You need to trim the canvas back so it is not on the edge of the frame or you won't get a nice finish at the end.
Ok so here is a corner.  I watch a million and one videos on Youtube to learn how to do corners and still couldn't do them.  Then I found one that worked!  I didn't have to practice a lot to do it, it just made sense! 
Here is the back all finished with tape and taps in place.  The tape makes a nice professional finish and covers up the staples and edges of the canvas.  Always include a sticker of who made the canvas!
A close up of the label on the back.  John designed them, the picture is of the front of our shop on a sunny day!  A little bit of shameless self promotion!
The finished picture, it is a Lake District scene.
And here's one I made earlier!  Hmmm Ben is a lot taller than me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment