Powered By Blogger

Thursday 12 August 2010

My beautiful Belle


I couldn't really do much more without mentioning my ever faithful, always by my side best friend Belle.  She is an eight year old Belgian Shepherd (a Groenendael).  I have had her for seven years (got her the year I got married!) she is a rescue, they can be slightly difficult to own if you are not used to such an inquiring mind.  Luckily Belle gets lots of exercise from going out riding with the horses and helps in the school with jumping practice too. She constantly amazes me with her capacity for learning, in fact you have to be a bit careful what you show her!  One time at my Mum's house we left her in the kitchen while we went to look at a horse, Belle had opened the window and jumped out before we had got ten yards from the door!  This was through a window with a catch completely different to what we have at home! And yes the window was closed beforehand!  She is ALWAYS ready to playfight with teenage boys and is gentle as a lamb with small children.  She will play for hours with my nieces when we go and visit.  You can look between her toes for hayseeds as she willingly holds her paw out for you.  We have two other dogs Kara and Jess, I would definitely be lost without my dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment