Powered By Blogger

Thursday 28 April 2011

Enjoying a week with my Dad.

I had a lovely week last week when my Dad came to visit, unfortunately for Dad it was not for a holiday as he was put to work as soon as he got here!  Dad very kindly agreed to overhaul the engine on the ginger car to prepare her for our summer adventures - there was a lot to do!  So we got into our matching orange boiler suits and got to work!
 Here we are (with Belle) posing with the cows in the background!  Yes John has taken the side out of the stables and actually took over two stables for his car!  I still have the other stables but its meant to be a horse living in there not a car!!!
 John and Dad on the way to a tea break, we didn't have many, Dad likes to just get on with the job with no distractions!  The weather was lovely and sunny apart from one day when it rained and it was freezing!
 My best little helper Belle, she is such a happy girl!
 Kara and Jess snoozling while they wait for Dad and John to finish - you can see Dad and John's feet!
 Concentrating!  John had just arrived home from work so hadn't actually done anything, if you look closely you can see his hands are far to clean...
 Putting some air in the new tyres, Jess is fast asleep in the sunshine.  This is 8pm on Sunday night, we had just finished after working non stop since Tuesday morning!
The finished engine with shiny new air intake and rocker covers.  I now know most of the parts of the engine, John tested me when I showed him this picture.  The conversation went like this; John "whats that?" (pointing) Me "the coil" John "and that?" Me "the distributor cap" John "this?" Me "the roundy roundy thing???" John "the what??? - your supposed to know this - now think you do know"  Me "erm its the roundy roundy thing thats the official name - in my head anyway!"  John "ITS THE ALTERNATOR!!!!"  Well at least I will never forget it again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment